Sunday, January 22, 2012

Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!!!


Well it has been a large weekend. I might need to sleep all week. What a great time we had. Our company arrived early afternoon on Friday and departed today. We were sad to see them leave-but glad they came to spend the weekend with us. Friday we missed the wine and cheese party at the clubhouse. We 'over ran' on our happy hour here at the MH with friends and neighbours:)..which carried on through out supper and well into the evening. A good time was had by all.
Saturday morning we girls headed out to get the 'shopping' trip behind us. We all found some great buys-came back changed into swim suits and grabbed the boys and headed for the pool. The weather was hot and gorgeous so we spent the whole afternoon poolside. Until it was time for happy hour again. With a nice supper of bbq'd salmon, salads, with all the fixings and apple pie behind us it was happy hour again. We sat out most of the evening, enjoying each others company.
Today our friends left to go back to the Estero area to their place and we headed over to the clubhouse to partake of the Avon Park hosted 'car show' here are just some of the cars on display. I fell in love with the '56 chevy-and apparently others did also because it was the people's choice for 1st place.
1956 Chevy-and isn't she a beauty-she was the winner of the People's choice 1st Place-and she had my vote as soon as I saw her..

The owner let me sit in it-As long as I didn't have anything sharp in my back pockets-heck I would have taken my shorts off to get to sit in this beauty-thankfully I didn't have to!

How pretty is that!!

















Yuppers- I got to sit in a 1967 Chevy Nova SS- I used to have a 1975 SS !

So there is a sampling of the cars registered for you all to drool over :)...there was a bbq at the club house during the event and also an ice cream social. The music was excellent and not being able to hold ourselves back we showed em all how to Jive!! Dee and Jim from Tumbleweed also have pictures of this event on their blog! So pop on over and check out their pictures.



After the car show, we headed back to the mh to walk the furkids-then took off to wally world to get some laundry detergent and graced the laundry room with our presence and managed to get all the weekend bedding and towels all done up. Now I just spent over 3 hours due to slow wifi - uploading pics and filling you all in on our weekend. Tomorrow will be a blog reading day to see what all of you have been up to for the last three days.
Have a great week~and be safe out there!!



May joy and peace surround you, Contentment latch your door, And happiness be with you now and bless you evermore.

"May your day be filled with blessings like the sun that lights the sky~and may you always have the courage to spread your wings and fly"

11 comments:

  1. We had a 56 Chevy just like that when I was growing up. Only it was blue. That was one beautiful car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought our weekend was busy...I think you two have us beat. Elaine, you look so good in the 1956 Chevy. You may need to invest in one of those.
    The wine and cheese party sounds like something they should do her at our park.
    You both look good doing the jive...even though I have never seen any one do it in the drive way...LOL
    Hope you can catch up on the sleep this weekend. ~Wheresweaver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael would have loved that show! He is car crazy, as are our grandchildren.

    Mike and Dee
    gonerving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photo of the people's choice!..it was my favourite in all the pictures too!..love the yellow paint job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you two are having way too much fun. Great photos....of both the cars and the jiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm. Somehow I think the original 56 Chevy just might not have come with power seats, although that would have been a nice option.
    Better to have no sharp objects in your back pockets than no shorts I'm thinking. And that's all I dare say.

    Well, you could have closed the door I suppose.

    OK, I'd better stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog! I love classic old cars and trucks. Nice to have the good weather back too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure some nice looking cars. Not sure I could keep up with the two of you. Glad your having such a great time there. Sure beats being home in the winter weather. Have a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are havin a real good time.... Love the cars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first car was a 55 Chevy 210 Bel-Air 2dr post in Yellow and white just like that 56, sure brings back memories. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those are some beautiful cars.
    Sure brings back some good memories of my Mustangs, and Camaros, and my black Firebird convertible.
    Thanks for the fun !!

    ReplyDelete