Friday, November 23, 2012

A Great Thanksgiving!!!

We hope you all had a safe and happy Thanksgiving! We experienced our first US Thanksgiving yesterday. There was a big turkey dinner here at our resort. The resort provided all the turkeys and a lot of us signed up to bring a side dish. It was very well organized. Considering the park is not full yet, there was still a big crowd in attendance. There was smoked turkey, roasted turkeys, dressing, gravies, vegetables of every kind, and deserts to die for. Miles of food. I took my famous sweet potato casserole and cooked cranberries. I put the casserole in the largest foil pan I could buy and there was only a wee bit left, which someone took home. I did notice some went back for seconds so that made me smile. We felt very welcome and enjoyed spending time with everyone, as we love making new friends. Of course I had signed us up for clean up duties also.  The tables were all decorated for thanksgiving..well I just went to upload some pictures of the resort and this is the message I got...anyone else have this problem???
"Whoops! You're out of space. You are currently using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos. Upgrade storage
Photos are stored in your Picasa Web Albums account and are included in your 1 GB free quota for photos. Additional storage you purchase is shared between several Google products and is in addition to your free quota
Now how frustrating is that..hopefully Rick you can advise me on this one...
Today we took a run into town to the walmart as we needed some supplies...I sure felt sorry for the workers...although the place wasn't jammed with shoppers the cashier was telling me she worked all day yesterday and last night and went home at 3am and had to be back at work for 9 this morning. I mentioned I didn't see any great deals that jumped up and yelled take me home. She said the place was nuts last night..but there were a lot of frustrated black Friday shoppers because they had large flat screen tvs on sale and only had three in stock. We did pick up our christmas tree and some decorations..and some potted plants for out on the patio.
Tomorrow we are going to visit our friends down in Lehigh Acres..so we are looking forward to that.
Well I better go read up on why I can't upload pictures grrr ..the extra storage space is probably on sale for black friday but I'm not buying extra storage. I don't use picasa but maybe theres pics over there? As you can tell I'm not very technical.
Stay safe folks and remember

Home is where you park it!!
PS: what a mess this posting is..and I can't seem to fix it..ughh maybe its a google thing? Help!!

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had that Picasa problem too. Had to upgrade the storage. Doesn't cost too much to upgrade. I also had the problem you see too with background color behind your text. I know HTML so I fixed mine behind the scenes, but not sure how to do it otherwise! Hope someone else can help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is just why I switched to Live Writer to create my blogs. I don't think my photos are on Picassa. I don't use it for editing. But I don't know about all this cloud business and the rest of it either. Hope you get it worked out. So glad you had a very nice first American Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving !!

    Yes, Rick can help you, because he did a blog post about it that helped us.

    It is something like signing up for Google Circles, then you get 10 GB free, even if you don't do anything in Google Circles like us.

    We are not tech savie either, so hopefully Rick will pipe in !!

    Take care ... TnT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your first US Thanksgiving. Those buffets always seem to yield a lot of good things to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like two Thanksgivingss!!! Rick can help...but he may be busy with his new iPad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get a PC and your problems will be left behind....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy First American Thanksgiving...and hope you're here for many more!

    Yes, Rick can help you and I'm sure he will in a much easier way than I would be able to tell you, but rest assured, this is fixable and won't cost you anything. It has to do with the size of the photos you upload and yes, you can get lots more by signing up for Google+ and tying it to your blog. Ok, that's as good as I can do. The technical part will have to come from Rick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had that problem with formatting on my blog occasionally too. It happens when I copy and paste something into it and it changes the formatting.
    I had the Web album problem a few years ago. Now I don't use Web Albums, only occasionally to share some pics with family. Just download Picasa to my compter and upload my pics to the Blog from there, works slick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Mac and a PC works the same either way, no problem.

      Delete
  9. We had a smoked turkey last year, and it was delicious! Glad you had a wonderful day.

    I had the same issue as you in Picasa. I just opened another account. Worked fine for me. By the way, a PC is a Personal Computer, which you already have. I think he is saying switch from a Mac to a Windows machine, but that ha nothing to do with you problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup knew he meant PC...I have a macbook pro and I can't see myself going back to a PC..love the mac

      Delete
  10. So nice you got a chance to enjoy Thanksgiving where it's nice and warm. You might have had frozen turkey if you were still at home... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I can't help with the computer problem but glad to hear you are enjoying your park.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you on the black Friday thing. I have never seen anything that just shouted for me to take it home. After all the hype I find the sales a bit of a let down.

    ReplyDelete