Ossumer moved from the front driveway to the back driveway on Sunday. We have been busy, unloading winterizing and reloading him to be ready to head south. We took everything off (you know how things pile up over the summer and you never know what is truly in there)..all the clothes and linens etc.
Ossumer resting among the foliage -ready to head out -pointed in the right direction I must add
Rick needed to find a way to keep the main power cord out of the snow-we sure don't want to have to dig it out come roll out time-so I'm down one storage bin as you can see.
We reorganized and reloaded all the linens and clothing in preparation for the 'South', and then moved him around back to his resting place until we can finally take off. We are anticipating being on the road on Dec. 27th-and praying hard for good weather. The only things left to load are the food items, and some personal last minute things. I think we are ready. The bed is dressed in warm fuzzy fleece sheets, an electric blanket and lots of quilts. The fuel tank is full, the alignment is done, and the propane is topped off.
The furkids are ready to roll. Their medical kit is all packed and their paper work in order. We took them to the vet last Wednesday. Lilly needed a lyme shot and tucker was due for all his shots. Tuck man had a major reaction to the shots and went into anaphylaxis shock on us. Talk about scary..this is one of my main fears with shots. We've experienced this a few years back with one of our show goldens-so I am always on the look out for it to happen. Normally it happens within 15 minutes of being inoculated-we were at the vet office for almost 40 minutes after the shots waiting for the bill (ughh) and travel paperwork and we thought whew all is ok.
Upon leaving the parking lot he yelped in the backseat I turned to look and he was starting to swell. We immediately ran him right back in (talk about happening fast)..they raced him off to a back room and administered antidote needles-we stayed out in the waiting room for another hour or so to ensure he was going to be ok. Thank God those antidote needles work fast. His dear little face was all swollen and his back fur was standing up straight as hives were popping out everywhere. Thankfully he is ok, but his lips were still swollen the next day. I was very concerned about taking them across the border without lyme inoculation but I'm thinking next time we will skip that part for sure. We are so thankful we were not back at home when this reaction reared its ugly head~as I'm not sure we would have made it back to the vet office in time.
See Everyone I'm Back to Normal and doing OK
I am somewhat struggling to keep up with my blog reading and am finally caught up - and it seems you are all doing well and are all safe, happy to hear the estate sale went well for Paul and Marti, and hopefully they will both feel better soon. Our hearts go out to John and Peggy due to their recent troubles-but good to see they are still moving on. And happy to see that the rest of you who are already "there" are safe and sound and enjoying the weather. Karen is handling the cold very well cranking out socks on a daily basis it seems-Kevin and Ruth are having a blast-and Rick is sure enjoying his sunshine! Contessa and Colin are almost done the renos-and The Bayfield bunch are in the valley of Fires. Brenda and JB are 'horsing' around and having a blast.
Tomorrow we are forecasted to receive 15-25 cms of snow...yuck!!
Take care all, I just wanted to leave a quick update-to show we are still here and anticipating leaving in late December. But like the RV life plans are always set in Jello. Be safe out there!
Home is where you park it
"May your day be filled with blessings like the sun that lights the sky~and may you always have the courage to spread your wings and fly"