Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I shoulda-woulda-coulda !!!


I "shoulda" because had I known how cold it was going to be I "woulda" brought my nice white furry lined snowshoe boots-and I "coulda" cause I thought about it while I stored them away in the Kitchen coat closet this morning at home. Then thought nawww we're heading for bright sunny skies and warm temps. Does the soul good to suffer a wee bit.

Its not so bad..but my feet were frozen for awhile..so I wrapped my self up in a nice homemade quilt to ward off the draughts and snuggled up in the passenger seat. As yall probably already figured out..I'm not a great 'sit still' for hours type of person. I tend to be somewhat fidigety..like those kids in church who can't sit still? They count people with hats on, people wearing blue coats, then red coats..you get my drift. Yup you guessed it I'm a counter..(between prayers that is)..today I counted road signs and mile markers..when I bored of that I read my kindle for a bit..then I fired up my laptop and creeped around facebook..didn't even try to read blogs due to all the pics that would try to load..might try that tomorrow...by then we were finally in Bangor and heading into Walmart to get a trac phone (which this computer illiterate chick activated online by herself) while Jeeves did the chauffeuring. And wouldn't you know it..its active and I have no-one to call..it will take 48 hours to activate the canadian calling and thats if you do it online yourself. Betcha all didn't know Canada was 'international' yup from the US its international calling..they musta sold a wack of those phones for Christmas if its taking 48 hours to get into their systems.

We arrived in Lewiston at 6:30 local time and did something we always said we'd never do..drove after dark..we do not like driving after dark..but we are trying to outrun weather so we motored along. Hopefully we will get off the road before dark tomorrow..in fact I'm almost positive we will. We had chicken (well turkey really ) a la king on toast for supper on paper plates. It was hot and we were hungry..every cupboard I open Rick has sweets stashed. All the christmas cooking from home, and some from the daughters..


I know some of you say why not de winterize before leaving home..even tho we have heated holding tanks we don't want to take the chance. Its not the fact of the 'overnight' stops its the travelling down the road with -10 degree temps outside-it tends to blow cold air into small tiny cracks that will freeze water pipes. We have brought water for flushing, and water for drinking and washing..so we will rough it for a couple of days, heck it might even be fun. 


Tucker and Lilly are not complaining as long as their furry butts are parked on the comfy sofa and the rig is rolling. Ok its 8:06 local time and I have to organize the duty free stuff, and hit the sack we are beat. Never ceases to amaze me how we can be so tired of sitting and rolling along for hours. We had approx a 9 hour day today, and only stopped long enough in Fredericton to drop our foster grand off to her next visiting relative-then rolled along till duty free and we sure weren't there long.


A big welcome aboard to Michael and Dee of gonerving.blogspot.com thanks for joining us..


Have a great night folks..be safe out there..where ever you may be!!



Home is where you park it
Sometimes you have to forget whats gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to whats coming next”.
"May your day be filled with blessings like the sun that lights the sky~and may you always have the courage to spread your wings and fly"

“Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people, some leave early, some stay, some laugh with you, some at you, some didn't come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would stay and help clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the ones who didn't even make the mess: ) How true this is!!! “




13 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the road and traveling safely!
    Get some rest! Safe travels tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very successful day. I'd rather drive in the dark, too, than risk bad weather.

    Sweet dreams tonight, and happy travels tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be long and you will be in warmer weather. Glad your drive today went well.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your first day went so well !!

    Our park is really filling up now that Christmas is over.

    Can hardly wait to see some of your warm weather photos ... LOL

    take care ... TnT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a long driving day. I remember outrunning weather very well. It seemed that we did that every October. Don't miss that part at all! Safe travels to your destination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you are on the road. and a long day at that. We find a 5-6 hour day is exhausting just can't imagine doing a 9 hour one anymore. Good luck with the warmer weather and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're on the road and heading south. Safe travels tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweets in every cupboard, I am on my way over.....


    Number 1 rule....bundle up while driving....cashemere socks, 2 dogs and a blankie....

    ...maybe some brandy....

    ReplyDelete
  9. onward and southward!..try and stay warm..I, too have a hard time sitting still for any length of time!..usually it is the bathroom that is calling me..or my one leg gives my some grief!..hard getting old?..lol..enjoy the drive tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad first day went well..good thing you have something to read on the road!!
    My pants are getting tight,time for the sweets to GO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a way nicer trip then going north in the winter. When you are moving south every day it just gets warmer. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nine hours south from home is good news. You're much closer to the better climes. Continued success with the drive south. I can understand the long driving days at the start of a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's what we do also, take along some gallon jugs of water and "cope" for a day, sometimes two but I get kind of cranky on the second day if we can't find a place with hookups and showers!

    ReplyDelete