Saturday, February 18, 2012

Safe and Sound in Clearwater -Port Ritchey Area!!

We arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon, and it was a good drive in from Palmdale. We will be here until moving on day which is Tuesday and we are heading up around the Panhandle :)..to check out that area.
We crossed the big scary bridge (as most of you know I'm terrified of bridges)-the Sunshine Skyway Bridge- and you will be impressed this time I stayed in my seat and took pictures, even tho my heart was pounding. 

The RV resort is nice lots are a bit tight but everyone seems very friendly. And they honor good sam and passport america :) Here we are setup for the next few days.
This morning we are hitting the malls..I need a few things to add to the grands easter packages before I mail them off. Then we are meeting with friends who live in the area for supper. The sun is trying hard to peek through and it is warm.
Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend folks. Wifi is sketchy here (good thing its free) so I'm doing this off my airstick. 
Be safe out there
Home is where you park it
"May your day be filled with blessings like the sun that lights the sky~and may you always have the courage to spread your wings and fly"


14 comments:

  1. I am with you...I am scared to death of bridges. I never look. I wasn't this way when I was younger but now...
    Hannah is a beauty. Love that smile. ~wheresweaver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just the opposite...I love bridges, but I sure do not like long, dark tunnels! What a cutie Hannah is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think the "new" Sunshine Skyway is scary...you should have traveled over the old one. It was REALLY scary...especially on the day it was hit by a ship and knocked down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridges aren't so bad I remember flying under all the bridges on the Hudson & East Rivers in a helicopter. Your spot looks great too, most parks are pretty friendly and I like the PA discounts. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad spot for a few days,discounts are good! Then the panhandle, enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah is a very pretty young lady! I don't mind bridges, but it scares me to have to stop on one....and going through tunnels really makes my heart pound!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grand daughter is Hannah too... so cute! Where are you We are in Largo off of 66th street... maybe we could hook up!
    Have fun & Travel safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not all parks are the same and that is what makes this lifestyle so wonderful. We once broke down at a gas station in Mexico for 4 days ( the radiator had to be taken out and repaired ), so we hobbled the RV into a corner of the cement lot and put up a doggie fence, set up our TV dish, our carpet and lawn chairs.

    as you say......
    Home is where you park it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, that bridge does look a bit scary. You're in some interesting places!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful, and sounds like you did good. I take Valium on those scary days. My husband appreciates it... otherwise I am too jumpy. Maybe I will learn to relax as we travel more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh ya... my great-niece is named Hannah Grace. Beautiful girl, beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bridges don't bother me, but that first pic you posted of the bridge would make me a little anxious!

    ReplyDelete