Sunday, February 5, 2012

Landed Safe and Sound!!

Today was moving day for us - we were packed up and ready to roll out by 10:30am or so. Jon and Kathleen stopped by this morning to wish us safe journey and to say so long for now. I truly hope we all meet up again someday down the road. We've met some very nice people in Avon Park. Deb and Ken saw us off-and with a blow of the air horns we were on our way. We are sure going to miss yall.
After filling with diesel we hit the road. It was a great drive down and traffic wasn't very heavy..once we were through Sebring we seemed to have the road to ourselves. I think everyone was home prepping for the superbowl.
We Arrived at Sable Palms RV resort in Palmdale around 1:30 or so. Everyone we saw welcomed us and introduced themselves. Very friendly folks. The furkids love the dog park we are parked right across from it. There are dogs of every kind here in the park. I dont' have any pictures today but will be sure to take some tomorrow. It was a very very warm day, to the point where we had to turn on the a/c and close up the motorhome. But we are not complaining at all. The Sandhill cranes just stroll up and down the roads here..and yes folks there is a resident alligator who I hope NOT to meet.
There was a big superbowl party at the club house and everyone who stopped by invited us to attend-I am not much into football (neither is Rick)..and I had a headache from the heat so we opted to just crash this evening. Upon arrival and before parking the mh and car Rick sprayed the lot to prevent red/fire ants and sugar ants from invading us. Hopefully it works!
Hope yall are enjoying your superbowl and that your team is winning. I've been flipping back and forth as I do like the commercials and what not!
And as Maxine would say~~~
On another note I do have to say-for all you animal lovers out there check out this book-you can find a link to it on Russ and Donna's (Travels in Therapy) blog-I think her brother wrote the book..I downloaded it on my kindle and its quite a read and a great book. Be sure to have tissues handy. Very well written!! 
Our tucker is very impressed with all the squirrels around here-he was on 'point' all during his walk this evening. As aggravating as it is having to hold him back from the chase, I wish little girl lilly was able to see them and feel his excitement. But she seems to be perfectly happy in her own little darkening world.
Have a super week folks, and everyone stay safe...I'm looking  forward to visiting with my sister and brother in law in the Ft. Myers area and travelling around seeing the sights.
Until the next blog..thanks for dropping by.

Home is where you park it
"May your day be filled with blessings like the sun that lights the sky~and may you always have the courage to spread your wings and fly"









12 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived safely and are all settled in . Smart move to spray the driveway before parking. Hope your headache goes away.

    Thanks so much for the shout out on my brother's book. I am so glad you enjoyed it. It sure does touch the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound...
    Checked out the web page of your new park, and it looks pretty good, and very reasonably priced.
    Have fun ... TnT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you've arrived safe and sound.
    Neither my wife nor I are football fans, but we once again missed a fun Super Bowl party at one of our friend's places in Hamilton.
    It's mostly just a good excuse to get together in February and enjoy catching up. I couldn't tell you who won the last time we were there!
    I don't go in the "football pool" either, (well, when we were home of course) since it seems to me like too much homework.
    Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are safely tucked into your spot, You are so right about that book having had two Shepherds while I was on the PD I can really relate to some of it, and the Heidi in the book and my Heidi could have been identical twins, I know you guys enjoyed it. Have fun in your new spot. and be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always enjoy moving on to a new area, new sites and new people, enjoy visiting your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your stay and visit with your sister. Sounds like it's going to be another nice resort. Glad your getting plenty of warm weather, sure helps the winter pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you like your new home. I love when people are so friendly. Makes me feel so welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new park sounds great, especially the dog park for the kids. I often find that first day unsettling, the packing, driving, and set up and in the heat it is worse. I am sure you will settle in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you're parked in another nice resort. As for the superbowl, I didn't much like the outcome but it's only a game so who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the comic. The remote is seldom used when I`m watching golf. I understand.

    Nice drive to your new spot. Look forward to your blogs from there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your new spot in paradise! Friendly neighbours always make arriving at a new place so much fun.

    ReplyDelete